Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Discussion Reflection on Islamic Cultural Center in NYC

I thought this discussion was a really good one because a lot of people got into it and were very passionate about it. At first i was more in the middle but later on after hearing everyone else's ideas on it i saw how it would be kind of wrong for them to put a mosque there by the world trade center. It's nothing against religion for me because I'm pretty strong on my religion and i wouldn't want anyone to take away my beliefs of my god. That's not the case though it's about how their religion has lead them to kill and how some said that was the reason for 9/11 incident. I just don't see why it has to be so close to the world trade center it's just sad and disrespectful to those who lost someone from 9/11.If it were to happen it wouldn't be the worst but i see that a lot of people don't feel right about it but there shouldn't be any violence or anything like that against it that's just not right. Our class discussion was very enthusiastic and hopefully there is more like these for our next ones.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't denying people a place of worship going against religion? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete