Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why a Nerd?

Reading this caught my attention because i do remember in Middle School and even High School who were the popular kids and who were the nerds.For some reason it's always the smart kids that are the nerds but it's not that the popular kids envy the smart kids which are the nerds because if that was the case than the nerds would also be in a high position in the social world. Being smart really doesn't have to do with a nerd being unpopular but it's always the smart one's that aren't popular. To be realistic everyone in school wants to be popular and it's not a good feeling to be rejected that's why some kids have actually committed suicide. A statistic says that anAmerican teenager may work 365 days out of the year to be popular. I can totally believe that because i see how important it is for some kids to be popular everyday. To be compeletly honest i know at a point in my years of school I've wanted to be popular. There is never going to a satisfying level of being popular I think because even the most popular person may feel some what rejected in some way. I think through the years but mostly this year is that it's waist of time to want to be popular because i rather be with friends that like me for who I am and i can act however I feel like that and because of that I think i got more friends out of that to when i was actually trying back in the days. Well now it doesn't really matter anymore because high school is ending already and all that popularity crap is not going to matter in the real world.  It won't put you in any higher place because of it.


Blackwell, Trevor. "why nerds are unpopular". Paulgraham. February 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment